Welp, here I am. It’s taken me nearly a year to get out of my head and figure out how to introduce myself to you guys. I finally realized there was no right way. (Someone probably told me that…a few times…) So here I go-a bullet point introduction to me:
- I’m a single mom of 3. 13, 11, and 7.
- Never thought I’d be a single mom. I was married for 10 years (happily I thought). One day I was dropping by my then husband’s office, with our children, and I inadvertently found out he was cheating. I’ll never forget the way everything seemed to come to a halt or the way I was forced to maintain my composure as my children were watching me.
- It took me 15 months and a lot of therapy to walk out of that relationship. I didn’t believe my happiness mattered. Only my children’s. It was an eye opening day when I discovered that my passion/happiness was essential to my children’s happiness. Both now and in the future.
- I have a serious weakness for french fries and ice cream. #bettertogether
- My best friend inspired me to choose one word each new year to serve as guidance. A word that can influence every aspect of life, every decision, every goal. This may be one of the single most important shifts I made in my life. I will share them all, I promise!
- My year of “Brave Love” (2018) was the most daring and inspiring of my life. Travel is my biggest passion. I’d given myself so many reasons why I couldn’t. One day I woke up and said,” Enough. Why not me?” The only way I could afford this was to sell my house and downsize. That realization shot through my body like lightening and I knew. I had to do it. I bought tickets right then and there. Tickets for the trip I’d been dreaming of taking for as long as I could remember- a self guided tour through France, Italy and Greece. I knew in my soul this was what I was supposed to do. I bought those tickets on credit and THEN I put my house on the market. I acted on faith and in the beautiful workings of destiny, I sold that house, found another and moved in just two weeks before leaving on the trip. A trip that changed everything. To be continued…
- I want to marry Utred Ragnarson from The Last Kingdom. If you haven’t watched it, do it. You’re welcome. But I have dibs.
- My education is medical and I was a critical care respiratory therapist before I had my kids. Now I own my own interior design business. Weird, right?
- I’m finding parenting tween and teen girls challenging. I had no idea I was so annoying.
- I have a dog. She is a Whoodle. I feel ridiculous every time I say that word but she is the best dog I’ve ever had. I just love her quirky, loyal self. PS I got her for my kids when we told them we were getting divorced. (ugh- not a fun memory) This was a TERRIBLE decision (not the divorce, the dog). A puppy while going through a divorce?? Don’t recommend it. Even though I love her now. 😉
- I have a weekly Friday Happy Hour (yes, with booze) at my house after I walk to pick my son up from school. (Remember that house I downsized into? Turned out be the best decision I ever made!) My friends and neighbors know it’s an open invitation every week. My kids know they can bring anyone they’d like home from school without asking. It’s the absolute highlight of my week.
• My word/theme this year was really important to me. It’s not only the beginning of a new year, it’s a new decade. I’ve decide to leave a lot behind in this past decade. Shed the weight of the last 10 years and step into the new decade fresh. My new decade will be guided by “Freedom and Abundance”.
I look forward to/dread expounding on these bullets and sharing more in the future! (haha, hopefully it won’t take me another year!) Happy New Year, Happy New Decade!